City Center Walking Tour
Duration: Two hours
Location: Fayetteville Street, Capital Districts
Distance: Two miles walking
Contact us if you don’t see the date you’re looking for, as we can create tours for 4 or more upon request.
- General (14+)
- Child (0-13)
Explore Downtown Raleigh
Let your expert guide introduce you to the history and downtown landmarks of our historic capital city. This tour is an excellent choice for newcomers and anyone who wants a great orientation to downtown and the history of the area.
Our knowledgeable guides share fascinating facts about the origins of Raleigh, its Civil War history, and tidbits you can’t find in any guidebook. They take you to some of the most stunning landmarks in the downtown area and leave you with a new appreciation of this historic city.
Highlights of the City Center Walking Tour
- Fayetteville Street: Explore the Main Street of downtown Raleigh and the centerpiece of a multibillion-dollar revitalization.
- Raleigh Convention Center
- State Legislative Building
- North Carolina State Capitol: The 19th-century beauty is steeped in history and has been restored to its 1840-1865 appearance.
- See the site of Raleigh’s original Governor’s Palace!
- And so many fascinating stories of old Raleigh
The City Center Walking Tour must be purchased in advance. All ages are welcome. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. You must be able to comfortably walk two miles.
Don’t see a tour time available? If you have a party of 4 or more, you can contact us by email or phone to arrange a custom time for your tour!
If you would like to book a tour for a larger group, please fill out our group tour form to inquire about booking our specialty tours.